2007年9月26日水曜日

Some study habits

I already made a post this week but I figure I should discuss the topic at hand.

When I took Japanese in 8th grade, my teacher came up with some very helpful phrases/ways to memorize some ひらがな and カタカナ. Imagine the cross-like figure in any of the following examples to be a person. The bold parts are the actual pronunciation.

あ: "aa! There's a snake around my leg!"
い: ears
う: "uu! A brick fell on my back!"
え: excercise
さ: sa-fin (surfing... ok, that one's lame)
し: she has long hair
す: Sue is pregnant
き: it looks like a key
く: kuku bird
け: an old guy with a cane
に: looks like a knee
の: no smoking sign
ち: cheerleader
つ: tsunami
て: looks like a table leg
と: "ow, I stubbed my toe"
ひ: "heehee" (laughing)
ふ: Mt. Fuji
り: really long ears

Those are most of the ones I remember for ひらがな. I don't remember as many for カタカナ so I'll hold off on those.

And to practice reading some にほんご, here's another J-pop music video, but with subtitles this time (えいごとにほんご!). The video itself is very weird... but I recognized several words/phrases thanks to the subtitles which felt pretty rewarding in a sense. Song is Lonely in Gorgeous by Tommy February6 (a very unique J-pop artist in my opinion).

1 件のコメント:

Aznbabybop さんのコメント...

Haha, some of those were very entertaining, thanks for the post. Also, the video from last post was interesting too (and by interesting I mean very amusing).